Saturday, November 9, 2013

Almost Nonsense

Have you yet aspired
To the task of observer
Sent to relay
Crooked correlations
Of the strange habits

We fall into, how
We propel into questions
Avoiding the only
Significant words,
Because we know the answers

Will fail to please ears
That absorb endless nonsense,
How my restless cells
Occupy with inane wonders

Out of necessity, lest I mire
In idle insanity, the sagging
Of elastic days in which
I nearly lose myself,

Trying not to wish
For a name more durable
Than this sturdy body,
Except when I cried

A week late, maybe for
You, mostly because
My breath felt insubstantial
And nobody asked.

And when the white noise
Blessed distractions cease,
I return from distant
Perches, to let my body
Weary from rest sleep

In this strange sea
Of aching incompletion
Let the acrid waves immerse
Leaving a burnt outline that
In minutes fades

This all consuming desire
For lauded accomplishment
Contradicting my firm
Belief, that all salient

Change dies within
Our own annihilating sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment