Sunday, November 3, 2013

Poem of the Day Video

Video Poem

If I barely pay attention to the words, I still like this poem because the way he speaks is in itself poetic.  The presentation of this poem turns it into almost a song, with accompaniment on the violin and the cadence of his words.  I do, however, also enjoy the words, occasionally too cliche, like "embers that can light fires", obviously, what else would embers do.  His pattern of words cycles up to louder, successive rhymes, creating emphasis and drawing one's attention.  Overall, I find this poem sweet, nostalgic, and mildly empowering, and the dualism of the spoken words and music provides a neat, creative experience.  I will remember the idea of background music for my own video poem, because somehow I never found it distracting, only adding to the tone of the poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment